September 4, 2020
How To Package Plants For Shipping Safely!
Use this document as guideline to ship your plants. If you are looking to perform a safe transaction backed by PayPal please go here Safe Shipping Transactions
Steps to take
- Appropriate sized box that will fit your plants without damaging them
- Sphaghum moss
- Packing materials (any of these will work!)
- Bubble wrap
- Packing peanuts
- Plastic wrap or similar item
- Pre-soak moss and lay out a piece of plastic wrap
- Submerge it in a bowl of water and thoroughly soak it.
- Then wring it out like a sponge
- Lay out a bed of wet moss, and put your cuttings on top of them.
- Add a layer of moss on top! Make sure the nodes and any roots are fully covered with moss!
- Tightly, but gently secure the wrap around the moss ball.
- Add packing materials for cushion below and above your plants
- Make sure its a snug fit, so the plants can’t move around in the box
- Use packing tape to close the box and now you are ready to bring your #plantmail to the shipping carrier of your choice!